Lish Public Health & Coronavirus Information
Last Updated: Wednesday, March 25
With the recent local developments in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we want to keep you up to date on Lish’s response to COVID-19 and the measures that Lish takes to reduce the possible spread of illness in our community.
Lish is open with limited catering operations. Ordering is available online, or please email email@example.com for assistance with any special food service requests during this time.
Should you need to cancel orders, please do so in advance as far as possible to avoid incurring cancellation fees. In the unexpected event that Lish should need to cancel your order, it will be fully refunded. Detailed cancellation information is available below, or in our cancellation policy.
Health and Safety
- We are proactively screening any Lish employee who handles food, including a temperature check scan and screening questions. Our operations team will send home any individual with visible symptoms who comes to work. WA state food regulations specifically disallow sick workers from handling food.
- Please let us know if you prefer individually packaged meals for your order. While this option may not be available for all orders or menus, we can work with you to find available options, and let you know any additional amount needed to cover the cost of individual packaging on behalf of the chef partner.
- All Lish team members and catering leads are offered Paid Sick & Safe Time (PSST) and Paid Time Off (PTO) as part of their employee benefits. We have reached out to all of our team members to encourage them to utilize this time if they or any of their family members are presenting with symptoms of illness.
- We provide single-use gloves for the handling of food at our chef partners and at your delivery, and catering leads are trained in proper hand washing procedures. Lish catering leads are trained on safe food handling practices and must have current Food Handler’s cards.
- Per the Centers for Disease Control, the virus is thought to spread person-to-person through close contact, and to a lesser extent through surfaces or objects. Food has not been identified as a likely source of COVID-19 at this time, but we do ensure that all of our Chef Partners meet high food safety standards by:
- Providing copies of satisfactory King County Health Inspection Reports for their last two inspections, with Good or Excellent Food Safety Ratings from King County.
- Participating in a Lish operational risk assessment inspection of their kitchen, to evaluate that safe food handling practices and measures are in place to avoid foodborne illness (temperature, infected worker policy, proper cookery, food source, cleaning & sanitizing).
- Providing a current Risk Type III permit with King County, which states that they must follow WA state food safety regulations that disallow sick workers from handling food.
Guidance for Offices
On March 23rd, Governor Inslee announced a statewide order the requires everyone in the state to stay home, and for all businesses to close except essential businesses. You may check and subscribe to Public Health’s website (www.kingcounty.gov/COVID) or blog (www.publichealthinsider.com) for updates from King County.
As a food delivery service, Lish remains open as an essential business. We will be operating in a limited capacity for businesses who have a specific need for delivery.
Our office will be operating remotely during this time and Customer Success Managers will be available. For Subscription Catering Customers whose offices are closed, any information or advance notice you can provide on your team’s plans as they evolve will help us plan for resuming your regular service.
Our Cancellation Policy
As a reminder, our standard cancellation policy will be in effect for any last minute rescheduled orders or cancellations, as follows. Our fees compensate our chef partners for the time and products they invest to prepare your orders.
We want to provide a friendly reminder to please reduce your headcount or provide us with notice of cancellation as far in advance as possible to avoid incurring cancellation fees and reduce waste.
- Please make any individual order cancellations through your dashboard by noon at least two business days in advance of the meal date (no cancellation fee incurred).
- Cancellations made after 12pm noon within 2 business days of the meal will be charged 50% of the meal cost, less the service fee.
- Cancellations made after 12pm noon within 1 business day of the meal will be charged 100% of the meal cost, less the service fee.
In the unexpected event that Lish should need to cancel your order, it will be fully refunded.